ST.FRANCIS OF ASSISI
THE PATRON OF THE SCHOOL
The school is named after the imortal St.Farancis of Assisi.Accordingto a survey, he is the greatest man born during the second millennium.Men and women, regardless of creed or nationality,have acclaimed him as the World's most influential social religious reformer.
Francis was born in Assisi,Italy,in 1182 as the son of Peter Bernardone and Picca. He received his primary education at the local St.george's Church.At the age of fourteen he joined his father's business as a merchant. He enjoyed music and dance and was very popular among his friends. At seventeen he was drawn into civil war in the city. When he was twenty years old, Assisi was defeated in a war with Perugia and Francis was imprisoned. When released, Francis returned home in broken health. At the age of twenty three,he set off again to join the army. But on the way he fell ill. During his recovery he had a mysterious dream which changed his life completely.
Upon his return to Assisi, Francis was no more intrested in frame, power or wealth. Moved by God's grace, he opted for a life of poverty. He spent his time in prayer, austerity and service to others. Jesus christ and his Gospel influenced Francis deeply. He formulated Rules for men and women who desired to follow him. He went about for several years proclaiming the message of peace,joy and love to all. St.Francis died in 1226. His followers who are known as the “Franciscans” constitute the largest group within the Catholic Church.
Throughout the centuries, millions of admirers all over the world have been attracted by the life and ideals of St.Francis. His charm is perennial and his personality universal. Mahatma Gandhi used to recite every day the peace prayer of St.Francis.
St.Francis saw God's goodness in every creature. His “Canticle of the Sun” is considered the most beautiful poem in Italian. He is honoured as the universal Patron of Ecology and of the Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Love was the theme of St.Francis' life and peace his message. Assisi has become a synonym of peace. The world conference of peace which was attended by leaders from every religion was held in Assisi in 1987.
The first Franciscans arrived in India in 1292.Since then the sons and daughters of St.Francis have contributed immensely to the development of our country. Our school is truly proud to have such an illustrious partron.May St.Francis help us to live the values he cherished most:simplicity,peace,love and universal brotherhood.
PEACE AND JOY!
- SCHOOL BUILDING
- The School is a multi storeyed and majestic building with well furnished class rooms, conference halls, staff rooms, store rooms and toilet facilities in every floor.
- Our Teaching Fraternity
- St. Francis School recruits staff with the skills to deliver the curriculum in accordance with the school's philosophy and objectives. All teachers are highly qualified and experienced teachers.
- High-Teaching Aids
- Teaching in class is no longer restricted to chalk and talk lectures. Our teaching faculty use computer-aided visuals and lectures with the latest graphic modules as part of the Middle School syllabus. These excellent resources are all aimed at enhancing the quality of teaching and learning within school. Every classroom is fitted with Digital projectors to facilitate teaching.
- This superb facility provides the School with a 1000 seater, well furnished auditorium. It has proved to be very popular for small conferences, drama and debating events, visiting speakers and meetings.
- The School has a pretty big library with a good collection of reference books and other standard books on all relevant subjects, and many multi-lingual magazines, periodicals and newspapers. It has a spacious reading room. The library is computerized. Audiovisual and internet facilities are provided in the library.
- SCIENCE LABS
- There are four fully equipped science labs for the High School and Higher Secondary students, one each for Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany. Teachers and lab assistants help the students from standard VIII to XII to use the labs for the science practicals.
- COMPUTER LABS
- At present there are two well equipped computer labs in the School. Students of all classes avail themselves of the computer facility under the supervision of well qualified, experienced and committed computer teachers. Even the students of the lower classes are given an exposure to the use of computers.
- SPORTS AND GAMES
- The School has facility for Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Cricket and Shuttle Badminton. Special coaches are employed for basketball and volleyball. The School gives regular training in athletic field events under two qualified physical education teachers.
- SCHOOL BUS
- The school runs a fleet of bus for the students. The bus is used by needy students by enrolling themselves for the facility in the beginning of the academic year.